"But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving." 2Corinthians 8:11

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Victoria Falls

Unfortunately, today I had to share my shower with a "Peter Parker" aka: this big guy....so needless to say I took one of the fastest showers of my life.

At the Haven this morning we continued to see more toddlers imitating and providing verbal/non verbal responses. We saw a lot of smiles today which always makes it a great day!
We were all super pumped to get on the road for Livingstone so we ate quickly and loaded up the Khaki Jackie. 12 people plus 12 backpacks were CRAMMED into the vehicle for the 2 1/2 hour drive (containing several detours along the way!) Jaime, Sarah, Lacey, and I (along with the help of Dr. Weaver and Dr. Tullos) sang various children's church songs in order to have some options to sing to the babies at the Haven; it helped to pass the time by.

The hotel we are staying in tonight is absolutely beautiful! We all wish we could commute from here to the Haven! haha (no such luck). We walked to get dinner at a near by shopping center. Our choices were either a pizza place or a hamburger place called "Steers". I went with the burger and "chips" which was fabulous! They had a special at Steers called "Wacky Wednesday" where you could get two burgers for the price of one...it was tempting, but I wasn't feeling that "wacky" tonight.
Afterwards, Lace and I walked through the local grocery store, which you would have thought we had NEVER been to one before because we went up and down every aisle at least twice and kept saying "it's like a Kroger!". We made some purchases of "E-meals" (emergency meals) for whenever Leonard fixes tuna casserole. No offense to Leonard, I am sure it is wonderful, I just can't eat tuna (blah!)
At 8:30 we met up with the group to pile into the Khaki Jackie and head to Victoria Falls to see the Moonbow. We were SUPER excited to see this thing!
A vendor from Victoria Falls volunteered to walk us around and show us to the various outlooks over the falls. I can not even BEGIN to describe how beautiful Victoria Falls is and it wasn't even daylight! I can not wait until we come back in two weeks during the day to see it. I was able to see the moonbow, but my camera couldn't get a picture of it. Rachel and Sarah were able to get a lot of good pictures. Shout out to Rach for being a fabulous photographer...I took these following photos of Victoria Falls from her blog (http://www.rachinzambia.blogspot.com/) Thanks friend!!

One of the 7 Wonders of the World (no big deal!)



THE Moonbow

At a few of the over looks we would get wet from the mist of the falls, but we were ready in our ponchos and rain gear. (Note: My sweet Disney World Mickey Mouse poncho, thank you very much!) At one point the guide took half the group across some bridge where the water from the fall was pouring down. Lacey and I were apart of that group for oh I don't know 2.5 seconds until we yelled "ABORT!" and ran for cover. I was knee deep in water and not even half way across the bridge. So kudos to the girls for crossing the bridge tonight! I'll plan accordingly next time with an extra change of clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment