"But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving." 2Corinthians 8:11

Sunday, May 23, 2010

No water in Kolomo tonight...no big deal!

Today we went to church at the Namwianga mission, which was quite an experience. Some of the babies from the Haven came to the service too. Jaime, Lacey, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Tullos, and I each held a child throughout church. I lucked out with a baby who sat quietly throughout the entire service! Haha B. Weave had a wild one but he was stinkin’ cute!
We mainly kept feeding the kids gold fish and cheerios and kept them entertained by playing with our hair ties throughout the service, they seemed pretty content.
Rach, Lacey, and I went to Ms. Mono’s after dinner to pick up the dress she had made over night (impressive) but to our surprise she had all 15 of our aprons finished as well as mine and Lacey’s dresses completed. This woman is AMAZING! Fact.
Tomorrow we are starting our official work at the Haven. We will be rotating between the three Havens working on language enrichment activities, feeding and swallowing. We’ll also be tutoring the school age children. I am looking forward to spending time with the babies at the Haven all day and helping them in any way I can :)
The first day we were out of the States I found myself checking for my cell phone out of habit. However, over the past few days being in Africa I have forgotten about my cell phone completly (honestly couldn't tell you it's location at this moment) and I have realized that I probably have more clothes on this trip than the amount of clothes some of the girls own here in general. I have also become accustomed to the fact that the power, water, and internet goes out daily here... Just reminds me how blessed I am back home.

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come follow me." Matthew 19:21

2 comments: