"But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving." 2Corinthians 8:11

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Bye, Bye, Bye"

We arrived back to the Namwianga mission earlier this afternoon. Lacey and I have already packed our suitcases for the trip back home. Luckily we left a lot of our clothes here so we could fit all of our souvenirs in our bags (still need to weigh those guys though!). Today we have the opportunity to go back to the Haven and see the babies one last time. Rach and I are definitely all about this. I don't care if I leave crying again, I just want to see my babies! We have each been given cleaning/check out duties by B.Weave. I am in charge of checking the closets to make sure nothing is left behind (neat). We took a vote as to what we wanted our last meal prepared by Ba Leonard to be...TACOS was the winner (YAAAY).


My girl Darcie was dressed like a polar bear
The older kids at Haven 3 were "sharing" a bowl of bananas. More like Catherine was regulating who got a banana
Look at that dimple :) presh.
George and Rach "talking"



Benji and George sportin' our sunglasses



Tonight after our amazing taco dinner, the G.A.'s (Catherine and Rachel) had yet another ceremony for us... the HIZI Awards. These girls really out did themselves. They gave out an award to each HIZ-Path member written on the back of an Ellie Hamby postcard.
Lacey actually received the "Next Ellie Hamby" award for taking the most photographs in one day (213 to be exact!) I can't remember all the awards a few were: Caroline- "Richard Simmons" award; she always came up with fun routines for working out while we were in Africa. Marja-"Most Chitenges Purchased", Rachel- "Book Worm" for reading the most books (8 so far). Meghann- "Natural" award, this girl did not put on an ounce of makeup while we were working at the Haven; keeping it real with the beauty God gave her! I was given the "Mrs. McLain Wannabe" award, due to UNINTENTIONALLY (swear!) always wearing matching outfits/accessories everyday. D.T. received the award for wearing "More Khaki than Khaki Jackie" haha and even Dr. Weaver was presented with a special award for becoming the dean of our department. The girls even worked it out to have Leonard bake her an apple cake!




**Naturally the power went out as I was typing this post. It would only seem fitting for the power to go out for 2 hours on our last night in Kolomo as well as any use of water (cool). But we managed to make it fun by exchanging pictures/music while listening to old school music (N*SYNC- "Bye, Bye, Bye" yes please!).
This will most likely be my last blog post of the trip. I have enjoyed being able to share my journey in Africa with yall. I am sad the trip is coming to an end however it is bitter sweet; I am ready to see my family and friends. I will miss the babies, the relaxed life style of Africa, and the simple joys in life this six weeks has brought.

"The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8


Here is the schedule for flying back to Arkansas:
June 23- Drive to Lusaka, Check into Protea Hotel

June 24- Depart Lusaka 3:25 pm, Arrive Addia Ababa 8:25 pm

June 25- Arrive DC 7:35 am, Depart DC 2:30 pm

Arrive Atlanta 4:25 pm, Depart Atlanta 5:05 pm

Arrive Memphis 5:30 pm
*We'll hopefully arrive in Searcy around 9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment